I'm a simple girl and this is a simple blog about life, love, and a Gracious God.

Friday, June 24, 2011

Decisions.

Decisions. I hate making decisions. Absolutely HATE it. It has been a struggle my whole life because I am always afraid of disappointment. In the morning it sometimes takes me an HOUR to decide what to wear. And, (no joke!) sometimes I will pack two lunches just in case I don't like the first thing I chose once 12oclock rolls around. It's ridiculous. And today I have to make a big decision. You know just a week ago when I posted all those things about going to Allen College, about how great it would be, and how excited I was? Well, that was before I opened a letter from the University of Iowa College of Nursing, to find that I was accepted to one of the hardest to get in to colleges in the country. Now- don't get me wrong, I'm super excited to be accepted and think it's a big honor! But...now I have to decide what I am going to do. In all honesty, I'm kind of mad at God. I thought I knew for sure what I was supposed to do, and now I have no idea. So, if you don't mind I am going to make a pros list for both colleges...
Iowa:
*college experience
*living in an apartment
*new adventures
*great program
*neat missions group to be a part of
*less expensive
*big city
*lots of new friends
*best hospitals and clinics in the area

Allen:
*closer to home
*stay at Orchard Hill Church
*not have to leave friends/family
*keep working with mission programs
*smaller school
*in my comfort zone

I don't know what to do. I think that God is telling me that either way I go, He will bless it, but I need to start to make my own decisions. Lord, help me! :) The name of this blog (29:11) is in reference to Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you,declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future." I am trying to remember that promise as I pray and think through this big decision. If you don't mind, maybe you could shoot up a prayer for me today,too? I'd really appreciate it!

1 comment:

  1. Continue to serve Him wherever He leads and you will be just fine.

    My sister went to Iowa's nursing school and still works at UI hospital/clinics. If you'd like, I could introduce you to her and you could contact her with any questions/needs.

    ReplyDelete