I'm a simple girl and this is a simple blog about life, love, and a Gracious God.

Saturday, January 7, 2012

New Things

I love trying new things! Getting out of the same old, same old and trying something new helps me to get a new perspective on life, find talents I never knew God gave me, and is just plain fun! Thinking back on 2011 reveals a LOT of new things for me! Some of the new things I remember are:


  • Moving out of my family's house for the first time

  • Starting nursing school (specifically doing new things like giving shots and IVs...Eeek!)

  • Making new friends

  • Re-learning to ride a bike :)

  • Making my own Halloween costume and going to a costume party

  • Joining a new church

  • Trying coffee (not a fan!)

  • volunteering at Ronald McDonald House

  • becoming the Disater Relief Director for Iowa Association of Nurses

  • trying lots of new recipes! (most recently was cinnamon glazed almonds--yummy!)

Since I love trying new things so much, I thought I'd make a list of the things I want to try in 2012. (By the way, I have noticed that most of my blog posts consist of lists...I will try to better at posting more than just lists in 2012 :) )



  • Be able to do 15 real push-ups and see the muscles in my arms!

  • Learn to cook one new, healthy recipe a week

  • Go to another country...I'm getting restless from not travelling!

  • Sew a quilt

  • and many more exciting things!

No comments:

Post a Comment