I'm a simple girl and this is a simple blog about life, love, and a Gracious God.

Sunday, January 1, 2012

2011

Thought it was about time I wrote on this thing again :) It's only been...ehh about 5 months give or take! In church today the pastor was talking about a passage in Psalms (I can't remember the verse, aghh!) when Moses is praying to God that His people would a new perspective on the challenges to come and a new passion for God because of all the things He had already done for them. The pastor encouraged us to make a list of all the things that God did in our lives in the past year, in order to gain new perspective and passion. So, here goes! (in no particular order)
1. I was accepted into the school of my dreams- U of I College of Nursing.
2. My nursing class is full of amazing, kind, fun students who quickly became some of my close friends and who helped me (mostly) retain my sanity during tough weeks.
3. He placed me in an amazing community of believers who are just as passionate about reaching the nations for Jesus as me.
4. He taught me how to pray.
5. He gave me people to minister to and to be ministered by.
6. My housing situation worked out beautifully in His timing and I have 5 new friends because of it.
7. I have been blessed in numerous ways by each of His beautiful daughters I am blessed to live with.
8. He blessed me with a close relationship with my family, even after moving to Iowa City.
9. He continues to work in my relationship with Bryant as we learn how to be a Godly couple on mission together.
10. All of my physical and financial needs are bountifully met.
11. We found an awesome home church where God is moving.
12. Great house church that is a huge blessing

And for some of the lessons He taught me...

13. I will not always be the best, but that is okay as long as I do MY best
14. Sometimes God is the only thing we can rely on and He does not fail us
15. The Holy Spirit moves when you allow Him to
16. God has big plans for our lives and does NOT let little things like tests or classes get in the way of that

That's all I have for now, but I'm sure there are more! Hopefully to be continued... what are some of your blessings/lessons of 2011?

2 comments:

  1. Yay! You are growing into a beautiful and mature person--the one we knew you'd become. Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Glad you're doing well Lilli. :)

    ReplyDelete