I'm a simple girl and this is a simple blog about life, love, and a Gracious God.

Friday, January 29, 2010

we too, must simply wait.

i'm up to genesis chapter 20. it's interesting how reading all the stories together makes you see God's plan unfold right in front of your eyes. i've read/heard many of the stories up to this point, but they have so much more meaning when they're read in order. i love seeing more of what God's heart for the nations looks like. i used to wonder why it seemed like God in the OT only cared about saving the jews and not the gentiles. but, since doing more study and taking Perspectives i have come to see that God's "chosen people" weren't better than the others. the were blessed...to BE a blessing. one of my favorite Bible verses is in genesis.

"1 The LORD had said to Abram, 'Leave your country, your people and your father's household and go to the land I will show you.
2 "I will make you into a great nation
and I will bless you;
I will make your name great,
and you will be a blessing.

3 I will bless those who bless you,
and whoever curses you I will curse;
and all peoples on earth
will be blessed through you.'" Genesis 12:1-3

GOD called abram, he obeyed, GOD blessed Abram, all the world was blessed through Him. GOD calls us, if we obey-HE will bless us, all the world MUST be blessed through us!

i've also been learning a lot from Sarah. she had been waiting all her life to have a child. but she was old and barren, so instead of trusting that God would do as He promised, she had Abram sleep with her servant and she became pregnant. if only they had waited for God's timing, the outcome would've been amazing. God still worked and His will was done, but everything would've been much better had they waited on God.
my Bible has a commentary on the bottom of the pages, and one statement that really stood out to me was, "Sometimes, we too, must simply wait." Just. Wait.

i've been having a hard time waiting for lots of things coming up. waiting to see where God will lead me next year. waiting for Bryant to get home. waiting to go to Cambodia. waiting for God's direction. sometimes it's hard to have joy and peace through the waiting. We too, must simply WAIT.

i've learned time and again that God's timing is perfect, ours is not: dominican republic trip that was cancelled. relationship with bryant. trip to cambodia. building Christian friendships. but, it's still hard to trust that God's timing is perfect. why is this? i don't know. i just don't know.

all i know is that right now, i'm called to wait patiently. to love God and others no matter what. and to be blessed to be a blessing.

"I'm waiting
I'm waiting on You, Lord
And I am hopeful
I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it is painful
But patiently, I will wait

I will move ahead, bold and confident
Taking every step in obedience
While I'm waiting
I will serve You
While I'm waiting
I will worship
While I'm waiting
I will not faint
I'll be running the race
Even while I wait

I'm waiting
I'm waiting on You, Lord
And I am peaceful
I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it's not easy
But faithfully, I will wait
Yes, I will wait
I will serve You while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting
I will serve You while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting
I will serve you while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting on You, Lord" --john waller. while i'm waiting.

i pray today that while i'm waiting, i will serve, love, and worship Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment